Mon, Aug 24|
Blakely Hall At Issaquah Highlands
Summer Camp II Rocks!
An Epic camp combo! Photography & Graffiti Art!
Time & Location
Aug 24, 2020, 9:00 AM – Aug 27, 2020, 3:00 PM
Blakely Hall At Issaquah Highlands, 2550 NE Park Dr, Issaquah, WA 98029, USA
About the event
EPIC SAFARI CAMP is 4-days 8AM - 4PM
- An added $60 for extended care has been added to your full day camp cost.
- Instructional time runs from 9am–3pm.
- Epic Art provides campers with an optional, supervised free time from 8-9am and 3-4pm. Campers can choose between board games, group games, free arts making, or reading time in our Epic Art lounge.
- Epic Art camps are open to all levels of creative experience!
- This is a *4-day* camp due to Highlands Day weekend event preparations.
AM EPIC PHOTOGRAPHERS grab your sneakers! In this exciting 4-day camp, we will learn, and continue to improve upon, the fundamentals of digital photography and build our skills as visual storytellers while exploring the beautiful Issaquah Highlands neighborhood. Epic students will explore their creativity by experimenting with different techniques and types of photography in both indoor and outdoor settings as they discover their own unique view of the world. This is a super engaging & exciting morning so get your frames ready parents!
PM EPIC MIXED MEDIA SCULPTURE ARTISTS will dive into the exciting world of graffiti art! Inspired by American artist, Keith Haring, students will create a spectacular 3D mixed media sculpture in the spirit of Haring’s vibrant and spontaneous action figures! After finishing our sculptures, artists will collaborate on an art installation to be displayed at Blakely Hall!
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU TO CAMP
- Camera, iPad or phone, fully charged + room for loads of new images
- Snacks, lunch + labeled refillable water bottle
- Wear comfortable closed toed shoes for hiking around + bring flip flops if you prefer a change-up.
- Jacket + sunscreen/umbrella /cap as you see fit
LUNCH & BRAIN BREAKS
- 12-1pm daily
- We do not provide food for your starving artist.
- Breaks will include additional small & optional art projects.
Field trip doc will be sent to parent contact to sign after registration.
EPIC ART SHOW + FRIDAY CELEBRATION!
Family + friends, do join us on Friday between 3-4 PM to celebrate our Epic artists and their incredible artwork. Sharing artwork with those that are most important to us builds confidence and encourages children to explore new materials + ideas + feelings + discover possibilities--our next generation of inventors + doers!
See you there!
Spring Break 3D
From 8:30 to 10:00 or 4:00 to 5:30